Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:31:46 -0700
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Shawn M Mininger wrote:

> My fighters wiped the board of all enemies with little
> trouble.  The only problem is....it took FOREVER!!!
> The logistics of keeping track of combat endurance and
> casualties for 200 fighter groups was almost
> unplayable.

I place a small D6 with each group to represent their endurace and all
my fighters are 1 to 1 and are removable so I just remove the models as
they get killed. My logistics are pretty easy, but then my fighters are
pretty expensive.

> Question one: has anyone else had this experience?

Only with the over running of fighters. But then we only allow what you
have models for so fighters are limited. I only have about 4-6 dozen.

> I think the idea of unpacking and preparing a fighter
> for launch during combat wouldn't be feasible.  Of
> course, that would depend on how long a combat turn is
> in FT.....another subject I'm not sure about.

What I think might be better is a laugh bay and a hanger bay. This would
limit the number of fighters you can launch at a time but give you an
advantage in numbers per mass. Sorta like SMRs.

Jaime

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays