Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:46:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

--- Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us> wrote:
> That's what we do.  Crated fighters take up 1 mass
> each and
> you can prep as many as you want between battles.
>
> Of course we tend to have tugs towing 0 thrust
> hangers which
> are left as defenses in recently captured systems.
>
> Roger

We've talked a lot about campaigns, but haven't
actually played one yet (or I haven't anyway),
but we've had FTL capable ships which were
effectively floating hangers. They tend to put
so many fighters on the table that they
unbalanced the game. The game I remember was
getting hit with 4 of these, each with 5 fighter
groups and an additional 2 groups from somewhere
as part of a multi player fleet resulting in
getting hit with 22 fighter squadrons at once.
It's hard to have a reasonable fighter defense
for that without lots of carriers of your own
and you don't usually know it's going to be a
carrier battle till it happens.

That's why I prefer more "normal" carriers whatever
that means.

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays