Prev: Kinetic Shields Next: Re: Canon

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:42:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

Pictures, pictures and more pictures.

I want to know how big the mini is.  A picture of some of the
minis in the line next to minis from other manufacturers would
be a good thing.  I don't want to accidently pick up GW sized
25's to mix in with my RP sized 25's.

Fairly High Res pictures.  100x100 or so filling the frame is
a minimum.  Many of us are using 1280x1024 19 inch  monitors these
days and you just can't get much from the tiny, out of focus pictures
you often see.

Thumbnails work well for this, it saves load times for those
things you don't want.

If I have a good idea of what I'm buying I will live with fiddly
ordering procedures and be quite happy.  If I have to guess what
I am buying I won't buy it.

Roger

Prev: Kinetic Shields Next: Re: Canon