Prev: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: RE: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email? & Re: Canon - What makes something Canon?

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 06:01:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email? & Re: Canon - What makes something Canon?

***
And again, as someone pointed out, if you don't like the "official"
background (or even rules for that matter), ignore them.
***

Actually, the someone was Jon IN the books. ;->=

That was a point I fear Bill Armintrout may have missed in the earlier
discussions. The rules came first, the background was offered to those
who,
uncharitably described by an earlier poster, 'lack imagination'.

Now, I know that was meant tongue-in-cheek, and may even be appropriate
for
someone such as myself, but canon universe is a comfortibly known place,
good one to base first pick up games to tourneys for-the-money.
Certainly
worth the effort that went into making the fleets in some sense
balanced.

I am indebted to Alex for pointing out that English is flexible enough
that
you can get in a whole lot of trouble.

On the other hand, the Texaco Freetrade Naval Service has fragile
carriers,
expensive uber fighters, and escorts with spinal mounted class 4. Not
much
sense, and probably not much use in a real fight, but I like the
nebulous
background that tries to rationalize 'em.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: RE: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site