Prev: Re: Sensors Next: RE: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

Re: Sensors

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:22:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Sensors

At 8:32 AM -0400 6/1/01, Roger Books wrote:
>OK, I'm going to do my standard "Sensors as they affect game play".
>
>If you are going to have sensors that only work insystem and give
>you full info at greater than 36" you might as well not even
>bother.

>Why?
>
>Campaign:  I jump insystem.  We play all kinds of nifty sensor
>games.  We get outside weapons range, realize one force is
>superior, the inferior force jumps out.

What if the Superior force is attacking an inferior force that must
defend. The inferior force is going to want to do as much as they can
do deny the superior force information.

I'm concerned with sensors more due to much reading of the Honor
Harrington books plus accounts of naval battles where you don't know
all of what is there. Greater than 36" sensor range lets you know
something is there, but what?

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: Sensors Next: RE: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)