Prev: Re: [FT] Proposal - Weapons Design System Concept Next: Re: [FT] Proposal - Weapons Design System Concept

RE: [FT] WotW #9 Beam Bridge & E/M Sabot

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 23:13:07 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW #9 Beam Bridge & E/M Sabot

From: "bbell1@insight.rr.com" <bbell1@insight.rr.com>

>I think that the mass/cost is way too low.
>Consider using Class-1 beams (all arc):
># Beams  # Bridges  Combined Mass  Equivelent Beam  Eq. Beam Mass
>  2	     1		  3		  2		  3
>  3	     2		  5		  3		  9
>  4	     3		  7		  4		 18

This is only for the alternate that doesn't require cross-strapping,
_and_
ignores the changes of failure before firing, which are 1/6, 2/6 and 3/6
respectively for the example above, and 1/6, 3/6, and 6/6 for the
original
concept. I think that's not undercost, and possibly overcost. But YMMV.

Personally, I'd rather simply have another beam than a classed bridge,
but
the concept sounds viable.

Noam

Prev: Re: [FT] Proposal - Weapons Design System Concept Next: Re: [FT] Proposal - Weapons Design System Concept