Prev: Re: Sensors Next: [SG] Friendly fire was Leading from the front, reprise

Re: Sensors

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:14:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Sensors

At 12:19 AM +0200 5/30/01, Derk Groeneveld wrote:
>Similarly, it's about impossible to rebuild EXACTLY the same frequency
>control unit for a new radar etc. So sufficiently advanced ESM should
be
>able to tell you WHICH SPY-1 that is, once you have identified it
>before... And assuming it's switched on.

That sounds right, I recall a News group thread now about WOs in
Vietnam that could tell you what batch of Russian Area and Fire
control radar's were operating in North Vietnam,  which operator was
at it that day and that a tube was about to blow based on how it was
running.

Course thats all passives, looking at active signatures. But again,
that's an excellent system for the day with an excellent operator
behind the sensor set. (Elites running a Superior system, It has to
be a good roll)

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: Sensors Next: [SG] Friendly fire was Leading from the front, reprise