Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Leading from the front, reprise

RE: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:15:01 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

>> Similar thing happened in Ran, though I don't know if
>> Kurosawa was reading Confederate exploits or not.

>In Ran, didn't the sniper figure out the shot during the day and then
mark the position so he could take the shot at the enemy general
playing his flute unseen that night?

Are y'all thinking of Kagemusha rather than (or perhaps "in addition
to") Ran?  The sniper marked bearing and elevation to hit the parapet
during the day, shot the general at night.

Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Leading from the front, reprise