Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Leading from the front

Re: Leading from the front, reprise

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:21:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Leading from the front, reprise

In message
<Pine.LNX.4.10.10105290145020.21572-100000@arcadia.turner.com>, Ryan
 Gill writes:
> On Tue, 29 May 2001, Thomas Barclay wrote:
>
> (sorry, I'm not sure if this is Thomas or not in this para)
>
> > the mike. I find the SG2 rules promote the Lt sitting in the far
> > corner of the board using his radio all day instead of staying
> > with his troops (seen it done many times). Keeps him safe and he
> > can still do his job.... <ick!>
>
> Isn't it wiser to have the LT close to one of the squads in order to
> realay orders by voice rather than radio. It certainly keeps the Red
> force ECM/EW guys from interfering.  Same goes for the Coy Captain
> does it not?

No, because then you have to move him, and whenever he moves, that's
one reactivation you can't do.

:
> situational awareness. Same goes for Patton as well as Israeli Tank
> tactics. TC's stick their heads out. They also have a high casualty
> rate. Still, the risk is worth it if you want to win the fight.

Theoretically. ;-) I can sit here all day and tell you how much better
you can fight by sticking your head out your tank, but in combat, I'm

Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Leading from the front