Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Leading from the front, reprise

Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

From: Ryan Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:14:16 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Donogh McCarthy wrote:

> Nor did I.
> However the shot is believed to have been made at an obscenely long
> range, 800 yards or so.
>
> (so he wasn't quite a stupid as everyone makes out)

I seem to recall this being mentioned on either one of the
news groups (rec.guns or perhaps sci.military.moderated) or
perhaps one of the firearms lists I am on....

If I'm not mistaken the General in question repeated the
same routine over several days at roughly the same time. An
enterprising Confederate Sniper saw this, firured out the
distance and determined the amount of Hold off and
elevation he would need to hit something at that distance
and on the morning that the stupidly repetative general
observed the lines from the same position he was taken down.

Similar thing happened in Ran, though I don't know if
Kurosawa was reading Confederate exploits or not.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-      BATF, People = People, what is confusing about this?	 -

Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Leading from the front, reprise