Prev: Re: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Sensors Fr: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

Re: [SG2] an odd idea for figure basing

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:06:04 +1000
Subject: Re: [SG2] an odd idea for figure basing

G'day Tom,

 >Just an odd idea

You said it ;)

 >I base my SG2 figs on pennies. Works well. But I
 >thought an interesting option might be to try to
 >acquire appropriate low value coinage from
 >each realm and base the figures accordingly

Boy some of those figs are going to have bases worth more than they are
;P

 >Is this idea feasible? It'd be kinda cool to turn
 >over my OUDF to the Oz/NZ equivalent of a
 >penny (which might well be a penny!) or to flip
 >over my NSL and find pfennigs or whatever the
 >appropriate coinage is.

Well we long since abolished 1c pieces and they were nowhere near big
enough anywhere. Best bet these days would be a 20c piece (or 10c at a
pinch) - 5c is our smallest current denomination and it'd be way too
small!

 >BTW - If this is a federal crime of some sort in
 >your area, my apologies. Far as I've ever been
 >able to determine, it is the only _valid_ use for
 >a Canadian penny.

Well I think its a crime here too, which is amazing seeing how much the
Aussie dollar ain't worth these days!

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Sensors Fr: [FT] Simultaneous Fire