Prev: RE: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints Next: RE: RE: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

Re: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: kaime@m...
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 15:13:46 -0400
Subject: Re: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

-----Original Message-----
From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 5:21 PM

>--- Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> I've seen groups like this, though. My RPG group was
>> like this. They were very much sticklers. I would
>> like to try other games or play with different house
>> rules, but they would have no part of it. I can
>> sympathize with him.
>>
>> And let's face it, they ARE somewhat open minded.
>> They ARE playing FT, after all!
>>

>They DO seem to play one rule which I regard as
>a house rule -- sensors. At least one player puts
>sensors and ECM on her ships (which wasn't included
>in the Fleet Book I design system so she gets the
>points from More Thrust) and is able to get away
>with it. I think the book warns against using elements
>from both design systems, but really sensors aren't
>unbalancing. It's a little annoying to constantly
>be showing the scanner my SSD but it's a minor
>thing and I could counter by ECM if it really
>bothered me.

Wait, there aren't many girls playing this game in Atlanta, so this must
be about me :) .

If me using sensors on my ships bothers you - I'll remove them or play a
varient ship(s) when facing your forces.  I use it so I can direct fire
better - since I tend to play groups of smaller ships this really helps
- no TMF 275+ ships here.

I do disagree about it being a 'house rule' - it is an optional rule
from More Thrust, as are the MT missiles, Cloaking Field, and other
rules which are listed in the FB I design system.  I'm not sure why
sensors weren't included there.

I see a difference in 'house rule' and optional rules such as MT
Missiles, Squadron Movement, Sensors, and Cloaking Devices.  Also, these
optional rules have been used by this group for a while now -since last
year's WarFair at least.

Aimee
kaime@mindspring.com

Kra'Vak - Clan Blood Rage