Prev: Re: [FT] Not WotW Re: [FT] Banked Weapons Next: Re: Re: (FT) Crew Quality

RE: Re: (FT) Crew Quality

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 23 May 2001 12:50:01 -0700
Subject: RE: Re: (FT) Crew Quality

On Wed, 23 May 2001, "laserlight@quixnet.net" wrote:

> Not so.  A simple way of doing it would be: Excellent increases weapon
RANGE by 2" per 6", good increases by 1" per 6", etc.
> Example: "excellent" firing B2 would do 2d6 at 16mu, and 1d6 out to
32mu.

I thought of something similar, but I think you end up skewing the
probabilities for various weapons. Goosing the range a pulse torpedo
makes it easier to hit but makes no difference to its damage. Goosing
the range band of a beam essentially doubles the damage. Some weapons
would be far more useful in the hands of a good crew than others.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you, but it makes "pricing"
crew quality a really dicey issue.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Not WotW Re: [FT] Banked Weapons Next: Re: Re: (FT) Crew Quality