Prev: RE: (FT) Crew Quality Next: RE: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too.

Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:20:55 +1000
Subject: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

G'day David,

Well this is about as far from officialdom as possible so I'm not saying

you're wrong and we're right, juts this is the way we do it....

 >1. What's the roll for a PDS to destroy a MT
 >missile?

We said 5 or 6 because otherwise we felt it was too easy to take them
down
(I'm pretty sure Oerjan disagrees with this if I remember correctly).

 >2. How many MT missiles can 1 pds destroy?

Just the one at a time.

 >3. What's the roll of a fighter to destroy a
 >MT missile?

5 or 6 for fighters to take down the missile (with each fighter in the
squadran getting a shot)

 >4. Does the fighter risk being destroyed by
 >the explosion as he does under salvo missiles?

Yep... need a 6 though

 >5. Can a fighter squadron split their fire
 >among different MT missiles?

Actually I can't remember how we play that at all!

 >6. Does the movement of MT missiles (cinematic,
 >1 turn up to 2 points in the middle) still apply
 >in fleet book 1?

We don't use it. We move fighters like missiles and give them 3 CEF, but

don't have to expend CEF to attack.

 >7. Does the acquisition arc of anything but the
 >old rear arc still apply in fleet book 1?

I would've said FB1 rear arc if I had to argue it, but I was thinking
about
this yesterday and can't think of a time in our games when any missile
has
actually been put in against any target outside the front 180 degrees.

 >8. Can a type 1 beam fire at a MT missile? If so,
 >what does it need to hit and destroy the missile?

We let them take down a missile on a 6.

As an optional extra we also let people use SMs as an anti-MT missile
defense. Just declare that that's what mode they're on and place them as

normal...when SM phase comes they attack the nearest MT-missile. Roll a
D6-1 for number of the salvo's missiles on target. If any hit roll a D6
and
add the number of missiles left from the salvo, if the total is greater
than 6 they bring down the MT missile.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053