Prev: [FT] Large Scale Ship Defenses Next: Re: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too.

Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:26:14 EDT
Subject: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

On Tue, 22 May 2001 07:18:39 -0700 (PDT) Shawn M Mininger
<smininger@yahoo.com> writes:
>Ummm, fellows......I do read this mailing list.

Well, I figured that. <grin> Else you wouldn't have had that discussion
about monster Savau... I can never spell that word.....

Maybe they meant to let you know but in a 'gentle teasing way'?  I just
made a fool of myself over on the 6mm list apparently because I failed
understand UK humor (But then I never understood Benny Hill so it
figures.)

I doubt it was meant as an insult - more like when you are trying to get
someone to see his 'personal equipment' is showing (happened to a adult
neighbor when he was growing up as a jack Mormon in Utah.  In his high
school classroom.  It's a long story (lots of background detail that as
young California teenager I had to have spelled out to me...) but funny
to listen to first hand - his friends got in trouble trying to signal
him
he was 'out' after using the restroom and finally his (female) teacher
had to verbally tell him to put it back where it belonged...

I figure it's a just a writing mannerism you have.  Fer sure.

Or maybe it's a verbal 'emoticon'? Sorta' like my 8^)

Could be worse, a loved one in the family picks her nose when she gets
nervous - and she's an adult.

FWIW, it doesn't bother me... bother me... bother me. <grin>

Seriously, don't take it to heart but if it did upset you it might be
good netettitque to write a calm non-flaming e-mail to the person(s)
directly saying "Ouch, that hurt" and asking them to next time bring to
your attention personally first?

Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!