Prev: Re: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too. Next: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 07:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

--- Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us> wrote:
...However, even if you use the above
> > as your guide, a reroll hardly makes since
> > since a salvo missile is a single unit, not
> > a salvo, so what would a reroll allow you do
> > do -- kill the missile more than once?
>
> Kind of like the re-roll you get when there is only
> 1 fighter left in the squadron?

In that case, a re-roll is valid MOST of the time
(at least SOME of the time). In the case of an
MT missile, it's true NONE of the time.

Ok, that's hardly proof I admit. At best it's a
weak indicator that they weren't thinking of
MT missiles when they were talking about missiles
(and remember the FB1 was in the process of
introducing salvo missiles).

A variety of intepretations are possible and
are probably equally likely. Here's what I'd like
to know from GZG:

1. What's the roll for a PDS to destroy a MT
missile?

2. How many MT missiles can 1 pds destroy?

3. What's the roll of a fighter to destroy a
MT missile?

4. Does the fighter risk being destroyed by
the explosion as he does under salvo missiles?

5. Can a fighter squadron split their fire
among different MT missiles?

6. Does the movement of MT missiles (cinematic,
1 turn up to 2 points in the middle) still apply
in fleet book 1?

7. Does the acquisition arc of anything but the
old rear arc still apply in fleet book 1?

8. Can a type 1 beam fire at a MT missile? If so,
what does it need to hit and destroy the missile?

That will do for a start. Yes our group has come
up with it's own set of answers, but I suspect that
our answers are different from other groups.

I think our answers are
1. Same as salvo missile, but ignore rerolls
2. 1
3. Same as salvo missile, ignore rerolls
4. no
5. no
6. yes
7. yes
8. yes, same as salvo missile, but ignore rerolls

There are a couple of our group members on this list,
maybe one of them will correct me, but I think this
is what we do. It would be nice to know if we're
doing it right.