Prev: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses Next: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too.

Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:51:26 EDT
Subject: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

On Mon, 21 May 2001 13:26:55 -0700 (PDT) Shawn M Mininger
<smininger@yahoo.com> writes:
>I was re-reading the More Thrust book and I came up
>with a few questions about MT heavy missiles.
>
>When I was looking at the prices, my initial reaction
>was that MT heavy missiles are too costly.  2 mass, 6
>points for a one shot weapon that can be shot down
>seemed a bit pricy. I started doing some comparisons,
>and they're not too bad.  Figure that 3 MT heavy
>missiles have a mass and cost the same as a fighter
>group.  The fighters have more flexibility as far as
>movement, and a bit more combat duration, but the MT
>heavy missiles are harder to shoot down and do a lot
>of damage.
>
>Here's my question....
>
>A fighter group is hit on a 4,5,6 with PDS, and a 5,6
>with Class-1 beams.
>
>A heavy missile is hit on a 6 with PDS, but there is
>no note in FB1 as to how Class-1 beams would fair
>against MT heavy misses.

I have Full Thrust Fleet Book: Volume 1 in front of me	-

FT2:

Page 7;

Class-1 Beam batteries as point-defence

"...Class-1 beams may act as secondary point-defence systems against
both
 fighters or missiles...rolls of 1-4 are misses, while 5 or 6 each kill
ONE missile or fighter; 6 allows a reroll, as usual..."

That's how Class-1's take down MT missiles...

<snip>

Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!