Prev: OT-Messages Next: RE: OT-Messages

FT-PDS/ADFC systems (again)

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 12:43:15 +0100
Subject: FT-PDS/ADFC systems (again)

Noam wrote this on the WDA, and it raised some questions in my mind.

Comments:
(BIF) Works better with MT missiles, due to each missile being a
separate
missile instead of a salvo (or you could roll the number of SML`s on
target,
that is the number of jammers to be intercepted).
(Noam) System is predicated on a certain PSB for PDS. Other PSB (i.e.
PDS
are guns manned by crews with their own decisionmaking skills) would
make
forcing them to fire on the decoy unreasonable. Cost is also too low for
something that can basically clear the way for unfettered misisle (and
fighter) damage.

I was thinking about the PSB for the PDS systems, and the fact that
these
systems would be under computer control with minimal human supervision.
My
thinking is due to the shear speeds involved in space ship terms, any
human
would be hoplesly outclassed and too slow to be used to intercept
incoming
missiles or fighters, especially as these SMALL vesells will be dodging
avoid the PDS at the same time. Also, how do you think the ADFCons work?
My
thinking is the ADFC works as a high rate computer comunications system
that
links the ships together, using the targetted (or the non-ADFC ships)
sensors to provide a single sensor image to work from. This I expain as
that
only the ship being targetted has the time, due to the missile
performing
terminal attack maneuvers (instead of dodging). This could be a
reasonable
explination due to the fact that a ship cannot attack any missile or
fighter
within 6 MU, only one that is actually attacking your ship. This would
also
explain why I see ADFC tying the ship with the ADFC into the sensors of
the
targetted ship.

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

PS-Sorry if I`ve sent this twice now, but I didn`t get anything
yesterday,

Prev: OT-Messages Next: RE: OT-Messages