Prev: RE: [FT] What makes a good destroyer? Next: Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?

Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:02:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?

***
Seems like destroyers are hardest for me to
design for Full Thrust because they're so
limited in displacement. It's seemed lately
that if they don't have something with at least
a 30" range, they hardly get to fire at all
before they're destroyed.
***

Well, you'll probably get a long discussion on how they're to be used,
not
on how they're designed. It's already been discussed that an equal
pointed
DD fleet and HC fleet meeting will usually involve the death of DD's
first,
though the HC's will not be pretty.

On the other hand, if you have even smaller SMR strikeboats on their way
in, moderate DD's may be less attractive targets. Also, I've been
occasionally successful with heavies on point, and the DD's coming up
the
rear, since their greater acc allows them to close to battle from the
rear.

Now, how you use them will be important for specific designs. Can you
give
some examples of how you stick them in? Fleet size and numbers per
class?
Is this against your behemouth-Sa'vasku-playing friend? ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: RE: [FT] What makes a good destroyer? Next: Re: [FT] What makes a good destroyer?