Prev: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:59:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> As an aside, has anyone worked with the idea of using the option of
making
> a shot in mid-move? The ships would all be moved to the mid-point,
shots
> taken, ships moved to end-point, last shots taken. I recall it coming
up
> now and then, but don't have a feeling of any developement.
>
> I'd think that the shots should have a penalty, as you have the
advantage
> of a) knowing roughly where things will be ending up, b) previous
shot. I
> like reduced range, say, half. I'd find hit modifiers more
complicated.
> Also, haven't a clue how to handle SM's.
>
> Gives a slight 'phase' feeling without the extreme multi-step turn
> mentioned elsewhere.

Aeronef (rules for Victorian SF flyers by Wessex Games) uses a split
turn sequence similar to this. Each turn is split into two phases, ships
move half their movement allowance in each phase and can fire at the end
of either phase (only one fire per ship per turn). The upshot is that
everyone tends to fire at the end of the first phase unless out of
range.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Pre-written and mid-move shots Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?