Prev: RE: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

RE: Re: FT-MT missiles

From: "bbell1@i..." <bbell1@insight.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:05:14 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: FT-MT missiles

Well thought out, Beth!

Here are some off-the-top-of-the-head thoughts.

Radius:
Perhaps start with a 6mu radius and reduce it by 1mu for every 12mu
the missile travels? That would put a shot of 24mu at a radius of
4mu (as many people use in vector). I would also probably apply a
minimum radius of 1mu. Somewhat hard to justify with PSB.

Lock-on:
Perhaps a penalty of -1 to the lock-on roll per 12mu (or fraction
thereof) beyond 24mu? Less time to adjust and lock on? Only if the
lock-on and guidance is done at the end of flight.

Divergence/Scatter:
Same mechanic as Lock-on above?

PDS bonus:
Perhaps a bonus of +1 to PDS for every 12mu (or fraction there of)
the missile travels beyond the first?
  Distance Missile Traveled    Hit on
	0-12			 6
     12.x-24			 5+
     24.x-36			 4+
     36.x-48			 3+
	 >48			 2+
PSB: The missile is more predictable in its flight path.
Problems: How would you model ER Salvo Missiles?

Slightly related:
Has anyone toyed with a Salvo Missile that has an extended lock-on
range? Same mass/cost as ER Salvo. Same movement as Standard Salvo.
But has a lock-on range of 12mu (8mu vector).

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
http://www.ftsr.org/