Prev: Re: FT-MT missiles Next: RE: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project

Javelin ATGM

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 18:54:54 -0400
Subject: Javelin ATGM

Thanks to the poster of the Javelin link.
Interestingly, in the same post, the range was
referred to as both 2000m (close to 18") and
2500m (close to 24"). I suspect that either range
for GMS/P could be justified, but by 2183, 24" is
probably fair.

I also found it interesting that they found the
probability of a kill for opportunity engagements
lower than expected and they mentioned "newly
discovered human factors". I guess SG2s model
using troop quality is further supported by such
comments (and the ones about long range target
identification). You can take the fanciest
system, but put it into the hands of an unskilled
operator, and it will be less effective.

Prev: Re: FT-MT missiles Next: RE: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project