Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 harminization - replies to Brian and Andrew Next: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

RE: Re: DS2/SG2 harminization - replies to Brian and Andrew

From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@d...>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 07:31:01 -0700
Subject: RE: Re: DS2/SG2 harminization - replies to Brian and Andrew

[snip interesting comments]

> The GMS/L was large enough that it required either a tripod
> or at least other soldiers to lug additional missiles. Thus
> it was limited to Heavy Weapons Teams. In DS2 terms this
> meant that they only had weapons that could be used in a
> Close Assault. In SG2 terms, it meant pistols. In SG2, I
> would imagine that the other team(s) in the unit would
> support the Heavy Weapons team with AARs and a SAW.

	OK, I have seen many people refer to HW teams as having only
pistols

or close assault weapons. I know that is how it is in the rules and I do

understand the Game Mechanic reasons for it. My question (for my
education)
is does this match what modern armies are doing? Does a
TOW/Javlin/Dragon
type team only have pistols?

Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 harminization - replies to Brian and Andrew Next: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods