Prev: Re: Somethign cool I read (LONG) Next: Re: Somethign cool I read (LONG)

FT-Kinetic strikes

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 19:38:17 +0100
Subject: FT-Kinetic strikes

Reading about the Albedo, the kinetic strikes bit made me think about
planets/colonies, and orbital forts. The first is that I could see
virtually
every planet having a minimum defence force of at least some non-ftl
ships
to prevent someone like a pirate coming in and holding a planet to
ransom
against the threat of C fractional strikes. The other thing is relating
forts, and I could see these designed with some drive (say 0.2 thrust)
so
they can change their orbits, and prevent a pridictable orbit where a
enemy
can throw a C fractional strike against the target where it cannot
dodge.

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: Somethign cool I read (LONG) Next: Re: Somethign cool I read (LONG)