Prev: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

Stupid DS2 Question

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 15:23:39 -0400
Subject: Stupid DS2 Question

I can't find it, and that just means I'm missing it
as I'm sure I've seen it before.... but how big
(cap points) is a DFO load?

And has anyone done rules for things like
sidewinders (A2A missiles for VTOLs)? Or can
you just use a normal GMS?

And when you do lander design, do you usually:
1) design the lander, pay the points for it, and let
it fight if it has any weapons
2) pay the "interface landing" penalty for any
troop units it carries (and I'd assume vehicles if
it was a big enough lander?) and not worry
about paying for it? If so, would you let it fight?
3) If the same lander was then also to be used
for casevac, would you pay another 100 pts for
it?

This whole area of how to cost VTOLS that can
be troopships and reach interface orbit but have
some light support armament and can make
some bomb runs and can also serve as casevac
leaves me a little lost. This seems reasonable
from a "reality" (or pseudo reality) point of view,
but I'm not sure how to cost it.

Tomb.

Prev: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods