Prev: Re: [LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs Next: Re: [LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs

[FT] LoGH Re: [LST] Modelling

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 12:47:06 -0500
Subject: [FT] LoGH Re: [LST] Modelling

***
A legins of galatic heros adaptation eh? That would be interesting to
here
about. Anybody else interested in hearing how he`s doing?
***

I've been trying to mimic the stilted fleet 'boxes' that move and shoot
more like Nappy land warfare in several people's opinions, which I
share.

One idea I had was mutual fire support that works only if the ships move
slowly in relationship to each other. I'm not sure B5 FA wouldn't be
more
effective, but I want to restrict movement even more than FA's rules.

There's someone on the LoGH discussion list that suggested actually
using a
certain Nappy ruleset, but I haven't found my copy to give his
suggestions
a go.

As for the FTII, still just nebulous ideas, though I've played with the
idea of submunitions that won't hit 'friendlies' if they all use very
limited, 'station keeping' drives for reforming fleet deployments.

I did mention this before, didn't I?

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: [LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs Next: Re: [LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs