Prev: Re: [LST] A question of ettiquete and focus Next: [LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs

RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs

From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@d...>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 08:17:38 -0700
Subject: RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs

> > Renegade Legion grav tanks look like they can be
> > designed, but they seem to have restricted flight
> > modes. Real grav tanks can fly (though it makes
> > them vulnerable to bottom hits).
>
> Same question here, what's a "real" Grav Tank ?

Karl brings up an interesting point in his reply. Too often I have had
people
tell me my designs are wrong because "that's not how [insert any Sci-Fi
fictional
tech here] works".

If in Daniel's mind a Grav Tank does not "fly" but it uses Anti-Grav
technology
to "hover" about a meter above the ground, then that is how it works in
Daniel's
worlds. But this is just my fictional view of how the Grav Tank would
work.

One of the best parts of all of the GZG games is the ability to adjust
the
"world"
to meet our view.

Karl is right, there is no "real" Grav Tank or Mech. There is only
fictional

vehicles based on what the player thinks they should be.

Daniel

Prev: Re: [LST] A question of ettiquete and focus Next: [LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs