Prev: Alternate suggestions Re: Light up hallmark spaceships???? Next: [SG2] topography

RE: OT: Oceanography stuff

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:19:12 -0500
Subject: RE: OT: Oceanography stuff

>  >Returning CO2...
>
> To do a quick wrap up...

<<<SNIP>>>>

Thank you!

>  >(my fiancée cracked up with me using this term, her
>  >mind's in the gutter <g>)
> Well there's nothing too wrong with that ;)

Of course not, now if we just figure out how to fit the house there...

>  >Probably, but perhaps it was also
>  >the Cachalot (Alan Dean Foster)
>  >situation???
>
> OK caught me out again, haven't read that either (sorry not much of a
> fiction reader until fairly recently).

Part of the Commonwealth series.

>From the back cover: "Seaworld. A guilt-ridden Earth had turned
Cachalot
over the few surviving cetaceans as a perpetual refuge - a planet whose
surface was one great ocean, where the remnants of the whales,
porpoises,
and dolphins could pursue thier lives and perhaps even the development
of an
intelligence greater than man's. <more>"

Not so much in that (though it's certainly an interesting idea), but the
thought of Micro-Indo-Polynesian's seeking worlds that fit thier culture
*and* that most other people don't want.

The book is a great read BTW.

Prev: Alternate suggestions Re: Light up hallmark spaceships???? Next: [SG2] topography