Prev: RE: LLAR population Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: NEW US Timeline

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:50:53 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: NEW US Timeline

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Donald Hosford wrote:

> My friend and I study history as a hobby.  We are always coming up
with
> historical variants.	Any alternate history film/book/show/ect. also
> gets our attention.  As a result we have seen many bad historys about
> the end of the USA.  Most are so bad as to be unmentionable.
(Obvously
> written by someone who didn't get into the details...)
>
> At first we both "killed" the offical GZG timeline -- we felt that
> something was wrong.	We eventually came to the conclusion that some
> details are missing, and others appear to be wrong.  (A few simple
> patches are in order...)
>
> But, instead of trying to "patch" the offical timeline...Lets do
> something more fun -- create our own!  It does say in the FT book to
> create our own history/races/ect.
>
> Any ideas?

This would take a bit of a serious tangent from the canonical
history Jon T has, but...what about Turtledove's WorldWar series
as a basis? You get an automatic alien race to play with as well.
;-)  (which expands the SGII/DS2 scenarios!). And while he has
only written 5 books for the series which takes us to the 60s/70s,
I'm sure a few of us (well, of you; my brain is already full) could
drum up an appropriately extrapolated future.

Mk

Prev: RE: LLAR population Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust