Prev: RE: The United States in Full Thrust Next: TUFFLY VERSE: was the killed tread

OT: Oceanography stuff

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:20:51 -0500
Subject: OT: Oceanography stuff

> on the weather. Not to mention the magnetic poles (which geologically
> speaking are due for a flip), seismic activity etc. If you can
separate
> science from the media long enough to get an honest discussion
scientists
> will be the first to admit that yes things are heating up compared to
the
> 1900 etc, but whether that would've happened anyway is debatable and
> whether there will be a giant spike 200-400 yrs down the track when
the
> deep ocean currents start returning CO2 (from the time of the
Industrial
> Revolution to now) back to the atmosphere is still anybody's
> guess.

Returning CO2...

I don't suppose that there is anything that you could suggest reading on
this topic that a layman (my fiancée cracked up with me using this
term, her
mind's in the gutter <g>) could understand?

> Does beg the question of whether the Island nations joined the OU
because
> they were going underwater at a rate of knots.

Probably, but perhaps it was also the Cachalot (Alan Dean Foster)
situation???

Prev: RE: The United States in Full Thrust Next: TUFFLY VERSE: was the killed tread