Prev: Re: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: The United States in Full Thrust

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:15:55 +1000
Subject: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

G'day,

Don said:
 >If it did warm would that bring back the dinosaurs???LOL
 >The people who do follow the GW theory should have a look
 >at the 5000 years of recorded human history, I think they would
 >be mildly surprised...........
 >Oh S***!!! IN COMING!!

Actually you're not going to get an argument from me. There is global
weather change, there has been from day dot on Earth. Some of its
natural
some of it is being helped by man, what is what is still fairly hard to
tell. A lot of the problem stems from the fact "recorded history" has
been
in a very calm and stable geological and climatic period so we have to
stretch to see what it was like in other periods and how its changed and

how fast etc. I mean I find it very freaky that our cosmological
position
in the galaxy (which changes very slowly I guess), plus our current
tilt/wobble (which changes on geological timescales) has such a big
effect
on the weather. Not to mention the magnetic poles (which geologically
speaking are due for a flip), seismic activity etc. If you can separate
science from the media long enough to get an honest discussion
scientists
will be the first to admit that yes things are heating up compared to
the
1900 etc, but whether that would've happened anyway is debatable and
whether there will be a giant spike 200-400 yrs down the track when the
deep ocean currents start returning CO2 (from the time of the Industrial

Revolution to now) back to the atmosphere is still anybody's guess. In
fact
back in the 70s the prevailing wisdom was:
"that there will be a cooling of the globe brought on by pollution
induced
cooling is as sure as the tax men cometh"
No wonder weathermen can't get it right ;)

Does beg the question of whether the Island nations joined the OU
because
they were going underwater at a rate of knots.

Cheers

Prev: Re: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust