Prev: Re: A non-NAC break-away republic Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: A non-NAC break-away republic

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:13:57 -0500
Subject: Re: A non-NAC break-away republic

In message <5.1.0.14.0.20010428130006.009ef570@pop.hba.marine.csiro.au>,
Beth F
ulton writes:
> G'day Andy,
>
> >Kwa'Zulu reinstituted universal military service for males.....
> >Satisfactory completion of this service is mandatory for citizen
> >rights such as voting, property ownership and marriage.
>
> Is this based on traditional values (I'm sorry I don't know anything
> about Zulu culture)? And does this mean that women aren't citizens?
> Or do the

I was trying to replicate traditional beliefs.	In past times, each
age group of males was raised as a class and gathered into a regiment
when they came of age.	They would all, at the same time, be granted
permission to marry later in life, typically after distinguishing
themselves in some way.  The British portrayed them as sex-starved

Prev: Re: A non-NAC break-away republic Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust