Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: Vehicle Questions for SG

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:22:19 +1200
Subject: Re: Vehicle Questions for SG

Brent Wolke wrote:
> 1) GMS systems have a capacity point of 2 for GMS/L and 4 for GMS/H.
Are
these numbers then multiplied by 2 for fixed mounts, or 3 for turret
mounts?
Are they used as is, regardless of how they are mounted?

That's the capacity cost for fixed mounts. If you want to turret mount
them
(real world example is M113 with twin TOW launcher as opposed to
helicopter
carrying TOW as fixed mounts), then multiply by 1.5. So:
		      Fixed  Turreted
	GMS/L	 2	  3
	GMS/H	 4	  6

There's some more details on my site in the Dirtside II section, which
you
might be interested in.

> 2) What if anything does 'Command/Communications Systems' do for you
at 8
cap points? It is apparently 'essential for any Command Vehicle', but I
can
find no rules on it.

The command vehicle is described more in the Dirtside II book. It allows
your commander to rally troops that are demoralised, IIRC. Basically,
just
get a size 2 APC (M113 equivalent, IMHO), add two APSW (capacity 1 each)
and
put it behind a hill on the table.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://members.nbci.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust