Prev: Re: [OT] space cats...(SF:Alpha) Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Subject: Terrain

From: "Jones, Tim" <tjones@a...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:25:34 +0100
Subject: Subject: Terrain

>Well, I've been working on the hexes I purchases from GHQ.  They can
>be time consuming if you don't use decent technique...

One very good tip for bead polystyrene I got from Practical
Wargamer mag (when it still existed) is to use kitchen towel
and acrylic decorating filler to re-inforce the tiles.

Take the acrylic decorating filler and dilute with water until you
get a mixture like pancake batter. Take the kitchen towel and
tear into sections ( 2" x 2" ) and apply filler mixture with
a very stout brush to saturate the towel and laminate it.

This mixture goes off and is rock hard and makes the tiles
very very durable. Then carry on with flock/base procedure
as outlined by Roger.

Has anyone got experience with using the acyrlic/fibre grass
flocking that is used on professional terrain such as TSS.

I have a bag full of it but can't get it to stad up as on the
pro tiles.

Tim Jones    Adaptive Broadband Ltd.
e: tjones@adaptivebroadband.com w: http://www.adaptivebroadband.com

Prev: Re: [OT] space cats...(SF:Alpha) Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust