Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: The United States in Full Thrust

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:27:39 EDT
Subject: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:49:21 -0700 (PDT) Brian Burger
<yh728@victoria.tc.ca> writes:
<snip>
>I'll reserve my comments on homegrown breakaway NAC colonies to
>merely:
>Why does only the NAC appear to have massive numbers of breakaway
>colonies? Why are all these colonies mostly American? Should all these
>revolts be taking place in 2176?

Irish/Scots/Welsh agitators?

Only the NAC peacefully lets therm go?	A tradition based on the 1776
experience?

Wasn't there a split/division between the islamic groups on earth that
extended into space in the Tuffleyverse?  Guess not, can't find it in
FT...

The FSE/NSL kept all their break-aways on Earth?  (2101 itself (EC into
FSE/NSL), 2102 (Netherlands), 2124 (Poland and Czechoslovakia ["together
again"? grin])

The Liberte' scenario in MT?  (Thanks, John, give me an address and the
check is out bound for these rules.)

>And why hasn't anyone written about the infamous Andromedan Tea Party
>yet?

NAC censorship.

>Tongue in cheek,
>
>Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
>- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

I'd suggest that there is plenty of room for
racial/ethnic/political/religious/class ESU splits (with enough backing
from a third party,) some possible Sunni/Shiitte type split of the IF,
LLAR right/left revolutions, PAU ethnic factionalism, inherited Eastern
Europeans dislikes, and IC splits... a fact of life?

Maybe we haven't been using our imaginations enough?  <grin>

Maybe we a lot of Cotu's? <my campaign start - The People's Holy
Republic
- vaguely Pan-Asians without the alien strain...> only bigger and
better?
 I am inspired to redo this and blended it more fuilly in the DS2/FT
model...

Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust