Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: RE: The United States in Full Thrust

Terrain

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:37:31 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Terrain

Well, I've been working on the hexes I purchases from GHQ.  They can
be time consuming if you don't use decent technique...

Here is what I am doing:

Buy a big jug of Mod Podge (white glue) and a bottle of your favorite
underlay color craft paints.  I use Aleens Dusty Sage and Burnt Umber.

Pour off half the glue into another container.	Mix glue and paint.

If you want roads draw lines with a sharpie.  I prefer doing 1cm in
from the corners.

Paint the sides, I use the Burnt Umber.  Don't worry about being
sloppy.  Put green glue on and flock with your favorite grass,
put brown glue on and put road flocking on.  Let dry and wet with
a 50%glue/50 water mixture or woodland scenics cement.	Let dry
and use.

I do one side straight green/grass flocking and the other side with
a road section.

It seems time consuming but my total invested time for 24 was about
2 hours once I figured out how to go.

I wouldn't bother with the odd sizes, they might work well for a
DS game but for a 25mm or 15mm game it just doesn't scale right.
I'll cut some slopes and stack.

The only problem I have had is after laying out the tiles my
girlfriend informed me she was buying me a little golf cart to
play with on my little golf course.

Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: RE: The United States in Full Thrust