Prev: The United States in Full Thrust Next: RE: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: FT-Battleships

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:14:08 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-Battleships

----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:40 PM

> In message <003101c0ccff$e18b3f60$f8c3893e@inty>
>	    "Bif Smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

turrets
on
> > the musashi/yamato wheighed more than a destroyer. I suppose you
could
build
> > them with engines, but that would require you to add 50% mass for
the
> > launching bay. A turret would be securly and very permanatly fixed
> > main hull, and wouldn`t be able to be removed away from a large
shipyard. Of
> > course, they could be blown off by weapons fire.
> >
> > BIF
> >
> > "Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
> > strong in arms, thick in head"
>
> I _think_ Dave was suggesting that the MD1 drive represent the turret
> motors needed to turn the thing - ATM it doesn't have any means by
which
> the turret could be moved.
>
> Charles

Sorry, I thought he meant having drive to maneuver the turret separately
from the ship it`self. As for rotating the turret, I would have
something
placed in the hull of the ship to rotate it, based on the mass of the
turret
and the arc you want it to cover. Say, 1% mass of turret for 5 arcs, and
0.5% mass for 3 arcs (for example).