Prev: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help! Next: Re: Origins Game Con

Re: Origins Game Con

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:00:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Origins Game Con

>That's how they do it. But so do a lot of other organizations. Things
that
>sell tickets do it, because you can't tell the difference between a
ticket
>from someone who attended one day and a ticket by someone attending
four days.
>The numbers are usually "X people over Y days". GenCon can tell the
>difference, since they sell passes and not tickets. I'm sure there's
probably
>some sort of accounting rule behind it.

Actually, if you think about it, that's really the only reasonable
way to account for everyone (it isn't really an accurate
representation of total attendees, but that's beside the point).
Otherwise you have to count a 1 day ticket as 1/4 of a person.

Now granted they could just total the number of different names on
their rosters for a count of attendees, but I see why they do it the
other way.

Besides, it LOOKS so much more impressive!

Prev: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help! Next: Re: Origins Game Con