Prev: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help! Next: RE: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:03:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

In message
<2A5C49585B46EC42BB99D3000F725D4707479C@col1smx01.dscc.dla.mil>, "Be
ll, Brian K (Contractor)" writes:

> I'm not intending to argue either, just point out an oddity in an
> otherwise fine game.

Well, I agree to a certain extent-- note my recent post showing the
standard use of two M249 SAWs together in the US Army field manual.

Perhaps someone knowledgeable could discuss real-world use of support
weapons together?  Some combinations seem logical, such as multiple
SAWs covering an area, while others do not, such as a SAW and an IAVR.

Then again, it depends on just how you envision the firing occurring--
is it a tactical deployment to maximize fire (such as the SAWs above),
or is it a single combined attempt to knock out a single target
(multiple IAVRs at a point target)?

Perhaps a simple house rule would be you can combine multiple support
weapons only if the weapons are identical-- 2+ SAWs, 2+ IAVRs, etc...
I feel that this would also somewhat limit gamesmanship abuses of

Prev: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help! Next: RE: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!