Prev: Re: FT-Battleships Next: Re: FT-Battleships

Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:27:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 7:05 PM

> Well, there doesn't seem to have been any activity on this one
recently
> - are we all in agreement then?
>
> IIRC it was:
>
> Effect as screen-1 vs. all beam weapons (including stingers and
pulsars)
> -1 to hit (ie. treat target as 6 mu further away) vs. K-guns, pulse
> torpedoes, and pod launchers
> -1 to number of missiles on target for smls
> no effect on plasma bolts and other area effect weapons.
> KV fighters do no damage on rolls of 4.
>
> This leaves a few unresolved questions:
> What is the effect vs. Submunitions Packs, Multiple Kinetic Projectile
> packs, and scatterguns?
> Could be either 'negate rolls of 4 for SMPs, MKPs, and scatterguns vs.
> ships' or 'no effect' (in the latter case the PSB is the attacks
spread
> to much for the holofield to have an effect).
> What is the effect vs. MT missiles (I'm sure someone posted this - but
> I cannot remember what - reduced 'lock on' range maybe?).
>
> MASS is 10% of the Hull MASS of the ship.
> COST is 3x the MASS?
>
> (Could use MASS is 5% of Hull MASS, Cost is MASS x7 or even x8 - as an
> alternative).
>
> Charles

10% probably better considering the system would give defencive bonuses
against systems you normally don`t get defences against (K-guns).
Submunitions and missiles, the ideas given above sound reasonable
(meaning I
don`t know<G>).

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: FT-Battleships Next: Re: FT-Battleships