Prev: Re: Dune 15mm Next: Re: DS II: Combat Walkers

Re: DS II: Combat Walkers

From: Kevin Walker <sage@c...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:02:40 -0500
Subject: Re: DS II: Combat Walkers

on 4/24/01 10:45, Kevin Balentine at balentine_media@yahoo.com wrote:

(snip)

> While going through the rules on walkers, I noted that
> the only sizes mentioned are size 1 infantry walkers
> and size 4 or 5 combat and transport walkers.
>
> Why not size 2 or 3? Has anyone noted unbalancing
> effects from designing combat walkers in sizes 2 and 3?

I don't believe there's any real unbalance with size 2 & 3 vehicles of
this
type.  IIRC, when I was working on DS2 Vehicle Designer (Mac), in one of
my
discussions with St. Jon there was a consensus that there was little or
no
reason to restrict the walkers to a limited number of size classes.  I
haven't been through the rules in a while but if there's a difference in
the
formulas between the size 1 infantry walkers and the 4/5 transport
walkers.

Kevin Walker
Horizon Concepts, Inc.
Macintosh / Windows Development
sage@chartermi.net

Prev: Re: Dune 15mm Next: Re: DS II: Combat Walkers