Prev: Re: deja posting was Re: More Club100 Ghurkas at Eureka Next: Re: Stepped squad casualties in SG2

Re: Stepped squad casualties in SG2

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 23 Apr 2001 08:36:01 -0700
Subject: Re: Stepped squad casualties in SG2

On Sat, 21 April 2001, Andy Cowell wrote:

> Has anybody ever thought about running SG2 rules with a more standard
> basing?  I've been looking around at similar scale rulesets, and the
> standard basing really seems to be something like 3 figures to a 1
> 1/2" square base, each base representing squad, half-squad or
> fireteam.

Actually, I use this for my SG2 American Civil War games. I have a
number of figures based for Fire and Fury in 15mm, which means you have
3 figures per base.

What I did at first was simply use 3 bases for a squad of 9 figures. I
marked casualties with casualty counters at first. Later, I did away
with that and started using casualty caps. I used two different colours,
one for wounded, one for dead.

Now I have a number of additional figures and I'm going to base them in
a different way. I'm either going to base them all individually, or base
a few two to a stand, and the rest individually. As casualties acrue, I
will exchange a 3 figure base for the suitable number if individual or
two-to-a-base figures.

I don't know about the 15mm sci-fi figures you are using, but I know
that most historical lines have casualty figures. I'm thinking of
getting some of those to represent the dead and wounded figures.

In fact, Jon might want to consider this for SG2. *grin*

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: deja posting was Re: More Club100 Ghurkas at Eureka Next: Re: Stepped squad casualties in SG2