Prev: Re: You got to see this!!! Next: Re: You got to see this!!!

Re: You got to see this!!!

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 10:23:59 -0500
Subject: Re: You got to see this!!!

***
What alarms me (vaguely) is that my wife wants two, because you need at
least
that many to play the battlesim.  The only reason that this is alarming
is
that
RC is an expensive hobby (or so I am led to believe).
***

Mein Gott!! Keep her!!!!

As an aside, I just got off the phone with the local Hobbytown, and they
have the battle system in their computer at $130US. I couldn't find any
MSRP's on any of the sites.

Pile on the cost of a 1/16th tank kit, the R/C electronics, and then
double
it, and you is not kidding, bwana!

***
It should be out in 1/350 for the Bismark or Yamato.  Expect more kits
if
it
sells well.
***

One problem I had with combat ships gaming now done is pretty much 18th
direct fire 'move as close as possible and broadside' shooting. Ok, even
in
the 18th there was some ranged shots, but you get the idea. This COULD
be
made complicated enough to simulate longer range, including plunging
fire.

However, I'm calling time on myself that this going overlong [OT]. Reply
as
you will, I'll hush up.

Prev: Re: You got to see this!!! Next: Re: You got to see this!!!