Prev: RE: [SG] Needle Weapons Next: Re: [OT] timed-out was [SG] Needle Weapons

Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@h...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:37:12 -0700
Subject: Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

>Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>
>>>That same "external remote mounting" reference you quote explicitly
>>>says that the weapon is capable of all-arc fire.
>>>
>>>The capacity requirements table on p.16 specifies that all
>>>additional APSW cost 1 capacity point each - they don't seem to be
>>>included in the "All direct fire weapons" category, since they have
>their >>own line in that table.
>>  >
>>  >So, as I understand the rules each extra all-arc APSW beyond the
>first
>>  >one costs 1 capacity point, not 3. But if you absolutely *want* to
>>  >make
>>  >the APSWs three times as big as you have to, don't let me stop you
>;-)
>>  >

>>  Not thjat I want to but the referance was, was it not, to a weapon
in
>>  turret - like a co-ax MG in today's turrets.
>
>A co-ax MG isn't an "external remote mount". Think "MG at the
>commander's hatch" instead, but give it a remote control so the
>commander doesn't risk having his head blown off when he uses it :-/

Actually, a co-axial MG is mounted in the main turret,
right beside the main gun. It won't be remotely controlled as it
points in the same direction as the main gun (hence the name.)
If you look at an M1 head on, it is the little gun poking out
a few inches to the right and up from the main gun.

I've always thought of the free APSW as being mounted outside the
vehicle. This is normally considered an AA weapon on modern tanks.
Similarly, I consider a second or third MG to be either coaxial
or bow mounted. It nicely explained the extra capacity required,
at least to me. YMMV.

--

Prev: RE: [SG] Needle Weapons Next: Re: [OT] timed-out was [SG] Needle Weapons