Prev: RE: RE: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:21:09 +0200
Subject: Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

Ted Arlauskas wrote:

>That is what I was trying to get to.  How much space should a (fully)
>turreted APSW take up?  An extra APSW takes up 1 space and that's
>either stated or assumed to be pintle mounted.

No. It is stated to be an external remote mount, which is effectively a
remote-controlled unmanned turret. Or at least *today's* external
remote MG mounts are remote-controlled turrets :-/

>For the example of the 40mm GL and the .50 HMG in the LVTP, I'd
>treat the HMG per the many examples folks have ginned up here on
>the List.  For the The GL I'd use the stats listed in the rule book
for
>the often overlooked and neglected infantry support Auto GL
>(FP:D12, IV:d8*).  I'd rule that both can't be fired together.
They're
>completely different weapon systems with different ballistics.  The
>gunner could only shoot them one at a time/activation.

Sounds good to me :-)

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: RE: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons