Prev: Heavy Gear HO {was} Re: stirred up by childhood memories Next: Re: [OT] You just can't keep a good man down...

Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

From: Ted Arlauskas <ted@n...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:04:09 -0700
Subject: Re: SG2: Vehicles with turreted infantry weapons

 >Not thjat I want to but the referance was, was it not, to a weapon in
 >turret - like a co-ax MG in today's turrets. Yes, three or even two
 >seems a bit steep but if it is in a turret as a primary or secondary
 >system, as I read the rules (and it's just IMO and somewhat
over-weighted
 >also IMO) it's a 3 cap primary or a 2 cap secondary if it's in a main
 >turret as opposed to a pintle or remote mini-turret (lik the
commander's
 >weapon in either an early M60 or possibly the Sheridan) mount. I like
 >your read better.

That is what I was trying to get to.  How much space should a (fully)
turreted APSW take up?	An extra APSW takes up 1 space and that's
either stated or assumed to be pintle mounted.	My opinion is that a
turreted APSW (ala my example of the Ferret or the LVTP or your example
of a commander's cupola mount) should take up no more than 2 spaces,
and I could argue that it would only be 1.  An extra APSW on top of that
would be one additional space.

For the example of the 40mm GL and the .50 HMG in the LVTP, I'd
treat the HMG per the many examples folks have ginned up here on
the List.  For the The GL I'd use the stats listed in the rule book for
the often overlooked and neglected infantry support Auto GL
(FP:D12, IV:d8*).  I'd rule that both can't be fired together.	They're
completely different weapon systems with different ballistics.	The
gunner could only shoot them one at a time/activation.

-Ted

[email]  ted@naxera.com
[AIM]  TArlauskas

Prev: Heavy Gear HO {was} Re: stirred up by childhood memories Next: Re: [OT] You just can't keep a good man down...