Prev: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result Next: Re: Final Fantasy

Re: Final Fantasy

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:03:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Final Fantasy

Glenn M Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:10:31 -0400 Nyrath the nearly wise
> <nyrath@clark.net> writes:
> >	  Yes, but sometimes their criticism is justified. <grin>
> >
> >	  Case in point: the movie "U-571"
> >
> >	  In reality, it was the British that captured the Enigma
> >	  machine.
> >	  Hollywood altered "British" to "American" in order to
> >	  increase the movie's market share.
>
> And if Bollywood had made it the hero would have been Hindi?	<grin>
> I wonder if it would have been as successful had they left it at the
> historical British role?  After all, it is an entertainment
business...

	Yes indeed! <grin>
	But your average USA citizen would probably react the same
	way the European movie-goers are reacting now if England
	came out with a movie showing a British airplane dropping
	the atom bomb on Hiroshima and ending the war.

Prev: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result Next: Re: Final Fantasy