Prev: Final Fantasy Next: RE: Re: [OT] space cats On Topic

Re: Terrain

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:36:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Terrain

> EPS is NOT styrofoam,

well....if by "styrofoam" you mean only "the stuff that fragments into
beads at any provocation", then you're right.

> styrofoam is the very hard almost crystal looking
> stuff that is used as the basis for wreaths and such in the floral
hobby.
> ALL the white stuff we've used over the years to make terrain is
EPS, no one
> uses styrofoam, we just call it that!
> KR, Geo-Hex

Open cell, closed cell, EPS, etc, everyone calls it styrofoam (unless
you're selling the expensive kinds--static control, or flame
retardant, or milspec, or something--in which case you don't call it
"styrofoam" in front of the customers).  Comes in different densities,
etc.  By the way, you can get it in at least 10" thicknesses
(something like 10x24x96") from some industrial supply houses...CE
Thurston in my area (Virginia), I don't know how wide a territory they
have.  Or a marine supply house might call it "floatation baulks" or
"billets".

Of course, if you get it that thick, you won't be cutting it with a
hot wire.

Prev: Final Fantasy Next: RE: Re: [OT] space cats On Topic