Prev: More Club100 Ghurkas at Eureka Next: Re: Toys from Jane's...

Re: Toys from Jane's...

From: "clourenco" <clourenco@s...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:39:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Toys from Jane's...

It's real easy to take pot shots at the supposed lack of intelligence of
infantry. I've had plenty of experiences of training non-combat troops
in infantry tactics and not just basic stuff but taking them up to the
point where they can conduct a live fire assault course (a real wazoo
one too) without killing themselves or their buddies. It's always
amusing to lead them, through their own experience of doing, to the self
realization that if you intend to stay alive on the sharp end, you have
to be switched on, thinking all the time, firing on all cylinders, and
pretty damn smart even if it ain't all "book learnin's". And all this
when your physical and mental state is normally pushing the low end of
acceptable performance specs. It's a humbling experience for them.

Los

p.s. regarding Squids...anyone in the Navy is a squid.