Prev: Re: Terrain Next: Re: Terrain

Toys from Jane's...

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:13:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Toys from Jane's...

I was skimming Jane's Infantry Weapons the other day, and came upon some
interesting weaponry, toys and gadgets for SG2...

Several companies have shotgun sets, designed to fit under a standard
assault rifle in place of a 40mm grenade launcher - I noticed kits to
fit
shotguns to M16s & the Austrian AUG. I'm pretty sure they aren't
autoshotguns, but it's still a shotgun were you might not expect one.

In SG2 terms, I'd call it a regular FP2 assault rifle, with an FP2
close-only shotgun added - no grenade launcher, obviously. Cutting the
shotgun back to FP2 seems to make sense, when it's not a full-sized
automatic combat shotgun. It would count as a shotgun in CC, though.

Comments?

There's lots of other gadgets, but most of them fit into existing rules
mechanics in SG2. Some of the engineering tools I'd like to write into
Stargrunt at some point. Too bad Full Metal Atkinson just signed off
again...

Just out of curiosity, could one of the real military types on the list
give us an idea how widespread some of these things are? The US has an
incendiandary (sp?) rocket in a manpack quad-launcher that's listed as
"In
Service"; along with conventional flamethrowers and similar, but how
common is this kit in the field? Any interesting devices that I've
missed
that don't make the news much?

Later,

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -